Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pharaoh's Concubine Chapter 00

Hello! 

I hope everyone is enjoying Mother's Day! 

This is a chapter that is suppose to be before chapter 1 and answers 
some questions as to how she ended up in Ancient Egypt. 

About the naming process...

When I translated chapter 1, I translated her name as WeiWei. 
This is apparently her nickname. Her actual name is "Ivy," as many have 
told me, but since I didn't want to confuse anyone by changing her 
nickname to "VV", which would sound like the correct nickname for 
"Ivy,"I decided to just use her Chinese character's pinyin, AiWei. This 
would make it seem more apparent as to why her nickname is WeiWei. 
Also, it makes sense since it is revealed that her brother is half Asian, 
and I assume everyone in his family is half Asian...


Also, I understand some of the names may be off but 
Chinese names can sometimes be very different from the actual name 
and I am not very knowledgeable in the Chinese name department. Thus, 
some of the Egyptian names may be off. I tried to research the names 
(such as Ramses's nickname (coming up in Chapter 2)) and those that 
I can't find the actual names to, I tried to  find actual Egyptian 
names/places that sound or look similar to the Chinese version. 


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. As I have explained above, he name is Ivy but since her nickname is weiwei, aiwei would make more sense....

      Delete
  3. I looked at the raw (up to chapter 46) and I´m just so dying to understand what´s going on. I really like the heroine its really a shame that i cant buy an english translation of this to support the author :( Thank you so much for taking your precious time to translate this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer kitty posts summaries of the story on tumblr she also translated the the names of everyone. You can use those to get a good translation of everyone's name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! If you ever need any staff help for this one, I'd certainly be willing to give a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!I can't wait for the next chapter!If you don't mind could you please tell me when and how often will you post new chapters?

    ReplyDelete